By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted PiW terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of these terms and conditions forms your contract with PiW
Classes, Training & Consultations
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless specifically otherwise directed.
- Please do not arrive unduly early and stay with and keep your dog in your car until you have spoken to a member of PiW. I may have been working with a reactive dog in the session previous to yours.
- There is ample room to park and let your dog have a toilet break on a large verge just beyond the entrance to Tir Olwg.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until your trainer advises the correct social introductions.
- You must follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and must not use equipment when your trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and best PiW takes no responsibility for any injury loss or damages that may occur when equipment is in use.
- Please do not allow dogs to pee in the outdoor training areas or on the equipment. Accidents do sometimes happen, so let PiW know so that the area can be washed down.
- Any toilet accident in the shed will incur a £5 fine. These monies will be donated to the charity currently supported by PiW.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training. Your dog must be fully vaccinated (or provide evidence of titre testing) and not be suffering from any infectious or contagious disease. If you have any concerns regarding your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
- Please inform PiW before your training session if your bitch is due to be or is in season. Depending on location, you may not be able to attend.
- PiW is an ethical and reward based training centre therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. PiW reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog.
- PiW does not allow prong or check chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads in classes.
- If you would like any help or advice on suitable equipment please ask. There will be a variety of equipment and toys for sale at PiW
- Please ensure you have plenty of suitable treats and your dog’s favourite toy available whilst attending training.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to PiW.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Please cooperate if asked to park in a particular place. If your dog needs space while in the car please advise PiW before the training day
- Family members are welcome in classes and 121 training. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please be prepared, if asked, to have all household members present at Behaviour Consultation
- Paws in Wales reserves the right to transfer any dog booked for training to a behaviour package at Heather’s sole discretion
- Dogs displaying behaviour deemed to be detrimental to that dog’s mental or physical well-being or any others present will be asked to leave. Any monies paid for classes, courses or workshops will not be refunded but may be set against appropriate further behavioural training.
Bookings, Payments & Cancellations
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment within 24 hours will result in the booking being cancelled.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However, there is no right of cancellation where the class, 121 or behaviour consultation begins within this 14 day period.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.
- PiW reserves the right to offer refunds
- Classes with Rolling Starts. Upon booking and having made your choice of dates these will then be fixed.. Once you have selected your dates they are fixed.
- Dates cannot be changed within a period 14 days prior to your first class or at any point during the dates you have chosen.
- PiW offers a quality training service and expects the same commitment from owners.
- Cancellations must be made by email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- If the participant fails to attend the course the fee will not be refunded.
- A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or workshop at no additional cost subject to approval by PiW; not all classes are suitable for all dogs.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative class can only be made up to 14 days prior to the start of your first class. Any requests to change must be made in writing by email. Transfers may be made up to 14 days before the start date and may incur an additional fee. Transfers are subject to availability and PiW is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
- 121 & Behaviour consultations will be subject to an additional mileage charge at 0.50p per mile for destinations further than a 20 mile radius from SY235LN.
- An additional fee of £30 per hour is chargeable when travel is more than 1 hour per visit.
Course Content & Material
- PiW reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates or venue. Whilst striving to avoid this, it is unavoidable, particularly with the vagaries of the weather. If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather, PiW will advise all attendees text as soon as possible and at least an hour before the start time. PiW will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date. PiW will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- PiW send out an occasional email newsletter which we would encourage you to opt in to receiving to find out about future training. If you do not wish to receive this please unsubscribe from the newsletter by sending an email to heather@pawsinwales
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give PiW permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog. You release all claims against PiW with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
- If you have a particular reason for not wanting your image to be potentially so used, please contact PiW before booking
- Please be aware that the inside of the hall and surrounding areas are covered by cctv, both for security and training purposes